802.11g and 5.X

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Thu Feb 12 12:16:07 GMT 2004

Hi all,

Anybody got any good reports of using 802.11g laptop PC cards with 5.X? I
hear that the Dlink DWL-AG650 is supposed to work, as is anything else on an
Atheros 5212 chipset, but I want to be sure before shelling out some 70
notes on one. And yes, it does need to be g, and not a or b (although being
able to support those as a fallback is a bonus).

Suggestions? Googling and the handbook are not being too great in this
respect. Saying "a card with this chipset should work" is not the same as
saying "if you buy THIS card from dabs, it will work, and works for me".

Pint of beer in this for somebody...

--
Paul Robinson