Setting up 5.2 on a laptop

Andrew andrew at auliya.org
Wed Feb 4 21:36:25 GMT 2004

> It looks like your laptop uses a "NVidia GeForce4 420 Go" graphics
> card:

Well I just DID NOT think of taking that route! I was just trying to
find the monitor spec, cause I knew I was using the nv driver anyway
(right?).

> You'll probably find a *BSD XF86Config if you look though, or generate
your own and plug > in any required values from the one above ie. sync
rate etc.

That's the thing, it says "Toshiba LCD", and I really didn't want to
take any chances with this thing, it's a work machine.

You've got me thinking again though, thanks a lot.

Andrew