Manchester BSD UG - Different venue

Jon Mercer jon.mercer at achean.com
Fri Dec 31 14:23:21 GMT 2004

Steady on Paul, I'd say you may have had one too many NYE drinks
already.

As for the iBook, I bought my (non-techie) parents one. They really like
it.

Jon

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 13:47 +0000, Paul Robinson wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 01:36:52PM +0000, Paul Richards wrote:
>
> > > Due to the amount of stick I gave the other OS X acolytes at previous
> > > BSDUGs, I will take the iBook along and let them take the piss out of me
> >
> > That's almost worth a trip to Manchester :-)
>
> Oh, turn up any month and you can see that. It's just this month I will
> not be returning the insults. I'd say 50% of BSDUG meets in Manchester
> have historically turned into a geek version of 'Yo Mamma..' fests, all
> done with great humour. It's the beer you see - that's the secret, the
> beer. None of this getting a projector out and talking about paging
> algorithms, just good-hearted slanging matches. :->
>
> I am warming to the iBook. Grudgingly and slowly. There is much about it
> that makes me want to tell it Santa doesn't exist, and it's mother hated
> it. However, as a tool for getting things done on the move, after much
> fiddling/configuration/destruction it's becoming half useful.
>
> I still hate it though. The GAP-wearing Khaki-loving skateboarding,
> iPod-yearning consumerist whore that it is.
>
> I'm sat in a bar in Manchester called Kro2 right now, writing this.
> People keep on smiling at me. They probably think I drive a VW Beetle
> and listen to Celine Dion. All because of this white monstrosity with
> it's glowing Apple logo. They almost certainly think I'm gay. In fact,
> I might be turning gay - I've only owned it a week and a half, and this
> morning I.. I'm almost ashamed to say it... I considered for a brief
> moment... whether I should moisturise.
>
> Damn this thing. Damn it to hell. I'm off to a proper boozer to stare at
> tits and see if I can afford a broken MicroVAX and some VT100s.

|         ___                  ___                               |
|        /   |                |  /                               |
|                         www.achean.com                         |
| Jon Mercer (Director)                    jon.mercer at achean.com |