Manchester BSD UG - Different venue

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Fri Dec 31 13:47:48 GMT 2004

On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 01:36:52PM +0000, Paul Richards wrote:

> > Due to the amount of stick I gave the other OS X acolytes at previous
> > BSDUGs, I will take the iBook along and let them take the piss out of me
>
> That's almost worth a trip to Manchester :-)

Oh, turn up any month and you can see that. It's just this month I will
not be returning the insults. I'd say 50% of BSDUG meets in Manchester
have historically turned into a geek version of 'Yo Mamma..' fests, all
done with great humour. It's the beer you see - that's the secret, the
beer. None of this getting a projector out and talking about paging
algorithms, just good-hearted slanging matches. :->

I am warming to the iBook. Grudgingly and slowly. There is much about it
that makes me want to tell it Santa doesn't exist, and it's mother hated
it. However, as a tool for getting things done on the move, after much
fiddling/configuration/destruction it's becoming half useful.

I still hate it though. The GAP-wearing Khaki-loving skateboarding,
iPod-yearning consumerist whore that it is.

I'm sat in a bar in Manchester called Kro2 right now, writing this.
People keep on smiling at me. They probably think I drive a VW Beetle
and listen to Celine Dion. All because of this white monstrosity with
it's glowing Apple logo. They almost certainly think I'm gay. In fact,
I might be turning gay - I've only owned it a week and a half, and this
morning I.. I'm almost ashamed to say it... I considered for a brief
moment... whether I should moisturise.

Damn this thing. Damn it to hell. I'm off to a proper boozer to stare at
tits and see if I can afford a broken MicroVAX and some VT100s.

--
Paul Robinson

http://www.iconoplex.co.uk/
"All I know is I'm not a Marxist" - Karl Marx