Cron and cvsup

Mark Blackman mark at blackmans.org
Tue Aug 17 18:16:24 BST 2004

On 17 Aug 2004, at 12:51, Grant wrote:

> Grant wrote:
>
>> Tom Hukins wrote:

>>> You could change the time to 10 minutes in the future and check it
>>> runs.  Alternatively, you might find crontab2english useful:
>>> http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/S/SB/SBURKE/crontab2english_0.71.pl
>>
> Hey,
>
> I tried the setting it 10minutes in the future and it worked perfect :)
>
> Looks like i had been putting the my cron lines in the wrong file...

as an aside, /etc/crontab is meant for very general purpose system
activites (and the cvsup update is appropriate for that), the user
crontabs (like root) should be edited with 'crontab -e' (assuming
you're running as the appropriate user).

The cvsup update job would also have been appropriate in the
root crontab as well, so that wasn't the main issue.

- Mark