Cron and cvsup

Grant orblists at orbysrealm.com
Tue Aug 17 12:39:21 BST 2004

Tom Hukins wrote:

>On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 11:59:43AM +0100, Grant wrote:
>

>>I just added that line to /etc/crontab
>>
>>5       0       *       *       *       root    /usr/local/bin/cvsup -g
>>-L 2 /data/cvsfiles/cvs-portsupdate
>>
>>Is there anyway i could test that line other than waiting till 12:05 ?
>>

>You could change the time to 10 minutes in the future and check it
>runs.  Alternatively, you might find crontab2english useful:
>http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/S/SB/SBURKE/crontab2english_0.71.pl
>
>Also, please note there's no need to send the whole of the previous
>message in your reply.  Just keep enough context so the reply makes
>sense and remove the rest.
>
>Tom

Hey,

I didnt think about setting it like 10minutes in... i will give that a try.

I dont understand that script, how do i use it ? maybe its a bit complex
for me.

Also i know there is no need to send the whole text... but it also makes
it easier for people who havnt been following the whole topic to read.
(well i think it does)

Thanks
Grant.