Cron and cvsup

Tom Hukins tom at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 17 12:32:13 BST 2004

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 11:59:43AM +0100, Grant wrote:
> I just added that line to /etc/crontab
>
> 5       0       *       *       *       root    /usr/local/bin/cvsup -g
> -L 2 /data/cvsfiles/cvs-portsupdate
>
> Is there anyway i could test that line other than waiting till 12:05 ?

You could change the time to 10 minutes in the future and check it
runs.  Alternatively, you might find crontab2english useful:
http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/S/SB/SBURKE/crontab2english_0.71.pl

Also, please note there's no need to send the whole of the previous
message in your reply.  Just keep enough context so the reply makes
sense and remove the rest.

Tom