Cron and cvsup

Grant orblists at orbysrealm.com
Tue Aug 17 11:53:10 BST 2004

Paul Robinson wrote:

>On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 03:17:49AM +0300, Dimitrios wrote:
>

>>On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:54:24 +0100 "Grant" <orbman at thingysrealm.myftp.org> wrote:
>>

>>>But it IS there as i can run it manualy using that line above...
>>>So is there something i need to add for it be put into a cron tab ? or
>>>something i have missed
>>>

>>i think cron executes commands without a full environment, thus
>>some people add this line at the top:
>>
>>SHELL=/bin/bash
>>
>>though your problem might not be related to this, since you
>>have specified the full path+filename.
>>

>I'd start here:
>
>http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/configtuning-cron.html

Hey,

Thanks for that i never knew  /etc/crontab existed :) so i will try my
line in there... i had been putting it in /var/cron/tabs/root i assume
thats for something else ?

I will add a line to the /etc/crontab i just hope it works this time..

Thanks all
Grant.

Ps = my old email address was orbman at thingysrealm.myftp.org this is my
new one, so i can keep things organized... (i hope)