BSDCon Europe

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Sat Aug 14 10:42:28 BST 2004

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 09:11:35PM +0100, Paul Richards wrote:

> The early bird registration ends this weekend, so now is a good time to
> decide to go.

I am undecided. I might go, but probably won't decide until a few weeks
prior to it taking place. It looks to be a particularly finickity place to
get to if you don't intend getting in your car and driving all the way
there. The nearest airport isn't that near, public transport to the town
appears to be pretty awful.

> Also, Jordan's doing a bit of an European tour, so if people are
> interested it might be possible to organise a UK user group meeting
> while he's here.
>
> Anyone interested in organising something? I've got a contact at Apple
> in the UK who's organising his itinery but I'll have to pass the buck on
> actually organising it because I'm swamped with stuff right now.

What format are we talking about here? Formal talks? A meetup in a
pub/restaurant? What kind of numbers are we looking at and what dates are we
talking? I can organise something pretty quickly in Manchester if that is
ameniable to everybody, but I need a little more information about what is
needed.

--
Paul Robinson
http://www.iconoplex.co.uk/