Recommendation of router for a home network wanted

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Sat Aug 14 08:48:48 BST 2004

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 11:34:05AM +0100, Timothy Borgeaud wrote:
> If anyone has any recommendations for equipment could they let me know.
> Also any advice/tips regarding configuring this would be helpful.

Look at SMC Barricades. They're quite inexpensive, and do NAT/filtering.

Most cable providers lock the service down to the Ethernet address of the
single computer used when ordering the service.

Barricades allow you to spoof the Ethernet address on the port connected
to the cable modem. Look for this feature in any such device you choose.

BMS