This is a weird one

Sam freebsd-users at pikesley.org
Fri Aug 13 11:13:48 BST 2004

Dear Smart People

I'm having the strangest problem: I'm running FreeBSD 4.10, Gnome 2.6
and Firefox 0.9.3. There's an intermittent thing whereby when Firefox is
rendering a page, the internal speaker in my box goes nuts. It's like
it's beeping once for every character it draws. This is becoming
slightly irritating, to say the least. It doesn't happen with any other
applications.

I'm fairly sure I'm not imagining this, as my colleagues have noticed it
too. I've considered nobbling the internal speaker, but this seems a
somewhat drastic solution.

Has anybody ever seen anything similar to this before? Any ideas what
might be causing it, and how I might go about fixing it? I've consulted
Mister Google, but to no avail.

Any and all help appreciated.

Regards

Sam

--
find / -name "*base*" -user your -print | xargs 'chown us'