FW: Strange kernel messages?

Kevin O'Connor kevin at ziptek-technologies.co.uk
Tue Aug 10 17:02:56 BST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin O'Connor [mailto:kevin at ziptek-technologies.co.uk]
Sent: 10 August 2004 16:47
To: 'Pete French'
Subject: RE: Strange kernel messages?

IP6 has lots of ways of getting around this problem, tools such as ndp are
used to with the Neighbor Discovery Protocol to allow/disallow proxy arp on
IP6 gateways. However IMHO IP6 will not see take-up inside the corporate
network due to increased processor speed the use of NAT and the fact that
Microsoft don't do a pretty GUI for it yet. We may not like it but Microsoft
is the defacto standard in more and more companies. This is not a topic to
get me started on. All I'll say is that the only reasons that the current
situation has developed are

1 The power of advertising (who remembers MS claiming Win95 was the first 32
bit system for PCs, Oh the arguments I had with that)

2 Sad but true. The lack of advocacy for all open source systems (and many
proprietary ones) apart from Linux.

Kevin