Strange kernel messages?

Pete French pete at twisted.org.uk
Tue Aug 10 16:00:04 BST 2004

> to be completely wrong on that as 1027 is based on earlier RFCs . As to why
> well there was still a lot of good kit that didn't understand subnets in use
> then and people didn't seem to throw stuff away after a couple of years,

I remember acquring a VAxstation in 1990 that was running BSD 4.1 which
didnt understand subnest, and finding it a very frustrating expereince trying
to make it talk to othet things across the network. Can't remember how I got
around it in the end. Wish I had known about the arp-subnet thing at the
time.

Been an education afternoon though :-)

Does IPv6 do this too out of interest ?

-bat.