Strange kernel messages?

Kevin O'Connor kevin at ziptek-technologies.co.uk
Tue Aug 10 14:42:15 BST 2004

Lol now your asking. I've seen that many revisions over the years that I
don't remember. As for using ARP for transparent subnet gateways That came
with RFC 1027 some time in late 87 or early 88 I think, though I am prepared
to be completely wrong on that as 1027 is based on earlier RFCs . As to why
well there was still a lot of good kit that didn't understand subnets in use
then and people didn't seem to throw stuff away after a couple of years,
like they do now :(
Regards
Kevin