Strange kernel messages?

Pete French pete at twisted.org.uk
Tue Aug 10 14:26:02 BST 2004

> This is the full explanation I've high lighted the important bits
> With !!!!

Thanks :-) actually the highlighted bits make sense. Indeed it all
makes sense. The bit which is new and surprising to me is that gateways
do the proxy-arp thing! Have they always done that ? I've used proxy-arp
for PPP copnnections before, and that makes a lot of sense, but this
"arp subnet" stuff seems all a bit odd, and rather pointless. Got
and references as to where it came from and why ? Would have been rather
handy back when we had machines that didnt support subnets I guess (when
did subnest come in 4.2BSd or 4.3BSD ?)

Learn something new every day I guess :-)

-bat.