Worrying top output ?

Pete French pete at twisted.org.uk
Thu Apr 29 16:47:47 BST 2004

> The servers performance is blisteringly fast so it dose not seem to be
> affecting it so is it something to worry about or do you clever people =
> know what it means and how to rectify it if possible ?

Mysql seems to do this from tiime to time. Solution is to sopt it and start
it again :-)

I think its an optimisationproblem - mysql recommend flags for optimising
the build which are excesssive and have always caused me problems. I
never buold fromports,always  from source, and I use the following:

export CC='cc -mcpu=pentiumpro -march=pentiumpro'
export CXX='c++ -mcpu=pentiumpro -march=pentiumpro'
export CFLAGS='-O'
export CXXFLAGS='-O'
./configure --without-debug --without-innodb

Adding any other flags have always got me into trouble - including
corrupted tables.

-bat.