Worrying top output ?

Dave Tiger dave at tigeri.com
Thu Apr 29 16:35:25 BST 2004

Hi again list,

Just going my dmesg stuff and did a top on my MySql server and this is =
the
first line

  PID USERNAME PRI NICE  SIZE    RES STATE    TIME   WCPU    CPU COMMAND
  142 mysql     60   0 15528K 12940K RUN    3715.7 98.34% 98.34% mysqld

The high WCPU and CPU bit worries me as I don=92t know what it means but =
the
numbers are high.

The servers performance is blisteringly fast so it dose not seem to be
affecting it so is it something to worry about or do you clever people =
know
what it means and how to rectify it if possible ?

Running on FreeBSD 4.7 stable / 1gb ram / 1.8 P4 cpu

Thanks for any advise

Dave C

---