Random panics on new hardware

Ben Smithurst ben at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 29 10:41:19 BST 2004

Well sadly a new PSU didn't help, but at least now I know it's probably
a nice reliable PSU in there.

Underclocking the CPU to 1467 MHz does help (the correct speed is 1833
MHz for an Athlon 2500) and did help even with the old PSU so does that
give anyone a hint as to where the problem lies?  I'm inclined to blame
the CPU but it could equally be a motherboard or RAM issue I guess
(though memtest86 found the RAM to be ok).

thanks
-ben

--
Ben Smithurst / ben at FreeBSD.org                 FreeBSD: The Power To Serve
                                                    http://www.FreeBSD.org/