Remote Backup Question

Dave Tiger dave at tigeri.com
Wed Apr 28 11:30:39 BST 2004

Martin,

I am not using a tape drive but would like to pull the backup from the
servers into a large disk array I have locally.

Currently I have a ADSL 512kbit for this operation but if I can get it
working It will be upgraded.

Data amount

Server 1 =3D appx 500kb [ bind config files ]
Server 2 =3D appx 14gig [ hosted webpages and config files]
Server 3 =3D 100mb [ mysql databases]
Server 4 =3D 1gig [ emails and config files ]=20

The data size above are all uncompressed size.

After thinking about it a bit, maybe a cronned perl script to tar / gzip =
the
relevant files and ftp them to my local box would be one way but again I
have no clue about this or perl scripting.

I hope this helps clarify what I am trying to do.

Thank you for the help so far

Dave Carrera