Random panics on new hardware

Ben Smithurst ben at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 28 10:55:59 BST 2004

Dimitrios wrote:

> before you buy a new psu, its worth a try to move the drive the other
> system, just in case the problem lies somewhere else.
>
> its freebsd, unlike windoze, it won't popup a few thousand "new hardware found"
> dialogs and mess everything up :]

yeah, I'll try tonight if I have time.

thanks for the advice on PSUs in your other mail, it looks useful - one
of the ones I was thinking about was an Antec one from ebuyer - it's
only 350W but I have a fairly minimal system (1 HDD, 1 CD-RW, 1 floppy,
fairly low end graphics card, ...). Although I guess a beefier one might
last longer when I upgrade etc.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=43172
http://www.antec-inc.com/specs/sl350_spe_EU.html

cheers
-ben

--
Ben Smithurst / ben at FreeBSD.org                 FreeBSD: The Power To Serve
                                                    http://www.FreeBSD.org/