Server reboot problem

Kevin O'Connor kevin at ziptek-technologies.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 19:55:25 BST 2004

"Kevin O'Connor" <kevin at ziptek-technologies.co.uk> wrote:

>> I thought it was ACPI by default in 5x and loaded as a driver not
>> compiled into the kernel.

>Sorry yes I'm not really au fait with 5.x (my bad for offering
advice!).

>I'm sure there was someone else posting on one of the main FreeBSD
lists
>recently with this exact same problem..
>
>-Paul-

Well actually you may have made me look in the right place, after you
asked about APM being turned off in the bios I just went and double
checked my bios settings and noticed I had software recovery turned on.
On a hunch I disabled it and the server has now run for 24 hours with no
problem
Regards
Kevin