Any USB driver hackers in the UK?

Mark Ovens mark at ukug.uk.freebsd.org
Sat Apr 17 18:20:46 BST 2004

Is there anyone in the UK who hacks on the USB driver (IIRC Nick Hibma
does/did?) who would be interested in getting a couple of devices working?

I've just replied to (yet another) post on -questions about a wireless
MS Intellimouse not working on USB. Also, I have a USB Compaq keyboard
that changes the system clock when FreeBSD boots (see the thread "Wierd
time changes" on -questions for the details,
<http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/archive/2004/freebsd-questions/20040314.freebsd-questions.html>).

With the MS mice I suspect that the cause may be related to the fact
that the Intellipoint s/w that drives these things under Windows can
report the battery status; obviously this info is transmitted from the
mouse and I suspect that it is these messages that are "confusing" the
USB driver (I don't think it is the mouse driver as these devices work
fine when connected to a PS/2 port via an adaptor).

Anyway, if anyone in the UK is interested in working on one or both of
these issues then I am prepared to lend you my keyboard an mouse for a
couple of weeks.

I really think that getting the MS mouse working would be a Good Thing
(TM) as they are very popular.

Regards,

Mark