Shell Scripting question

Dave Tiger dave at tigeri.com
Tue Apr 13 16:26:36 BST 2004

Hi List,

I have looked around for a possible example for a shell script (new to =
sh
scripting) to connect to a mysql db, select some data then create vars =
from
the result and send the vars to some script a friend made for me to =
automate
a job for me.

Now I am a very good php developer but never ventured under the hood and
tackle sh so any help would be very much appreciated.

Tasks:

First connect to mysql and select my data

Second make variables , maybe in a foreach style loop.

Then I can call my scripts and pass the vars to them to do their job.

Any pointers, urls, examples or anything that may help me with this task =
is
very much appreciated and I thank you in advance for any help you may =
give.

Dave C

---