Shell access via web browser?

Dimitrios sehh at altered.com
Fri Apr 9 23:24:53 BST 2004

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 23:04:56 +0100 "Paul Truran" <paul at truran.net> wrote:

> Have just started a new job, and due to foolishly restrictive network access,
> I am unable to connect to my BSD box during lunchtimes to have a play about
> with things.  No direct internet connection, only web access through a proxy
> server on port 80.

I had a similar problem a few years ago. I solved it by masking my traffic
(towards my bsd box) as web requests (POST etc). This method requires a daemon
on your bsd box which acts as a fake web server and unmasks the fake web requests
back into the original packets. I had to do some custom code to do that, but i'm
sure you'll find something similar on the web, tried google?

I think this method is called tunneling.