Small business IP connection recommendations

Lou Kamenov phayze at SecureRoot.org.uk
Fri Sep 26 12:07:06 BST 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 11:46, Duncan Barclay wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been tasked with sorting out an internet connection for a small
> business. It is moving to new offices and wants about 256 or 512kb/s
> downstream and about 128 or 256kb/s upstream. The CEO doesn't want to have
> to pay BT 1000's for leased lines.

having a leased line sounds like an overkill, any xDSL sounds better
than that.
I remember having a ISDN line from easynet at one point, and it was very
very expensive compared to the adsl lines.

> Does anyone have suggestions for suppliers for business ADSL (assuming that
> the exchange is up to it, we need to check) or other ideas if ADSL isn't
> available.

Hm, we've been with Plus.NET provide static IPs even for residential services,
Pipex will give you about /29 Network very cheap as well - HomeOffice service, Nildram is good too.

Or at end you can get a 2-3-4 adsl lines and aggregate them.

hope that helps,

cheers,
-lou

--
Lou Kamenov <phayze at SecureRoot.org.uk>
Secureroot