rlogin: Permission denied.

Paul Civati paul at xciv.org
Sat Sep 13 21:16:45 BST 2003

Henrik Morsing <henrik at morsing.cc> wrote:

> I know this is pretty vague but I'm at a loss:
>
> morsing at bsd:~]$ rlogin aix
> Permission denied.
>
> It does it even when I'm root and the permissions on rlogin seems right
> (setuid root).

As it doesn't present a password prompt then I presume that you've got
some .rhosts or /etc/hosts.equiv set-up?

What does the AIX? box say about rlogind authentication configuration?

You will likely find that rlogin as root doesn't work anyway, some o/s
specifically disable that functionality.

> The error message is pretty unclear! I can login to aix from other
> computers.

Using rlogin?

-Paul-

--
Paul Civati <paul.civati(at)xensia.com> www.xensia.net
Xensia, London UK - Quality UK Hosting Services