This mail probably isn't spam but you can't be too sure these days

Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Thu Sep 4 18:52:53 BST 2003

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 06:18:38PM +0100, Ben wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 12:11:05PM +0100, Josef Karthauser wrote:
>=20
> > I am running spam assassin on transwarp and it marking most of the spam
> > as spam.  Unfortuneately Easynet, where the list server is housed, are
> > also running spam assassin and it's taking the mails that are marked as
> > spam, and declassifying them as not so spammy.  I think that instead
> > I'll just throw away any mail that appears to be spam to the list and
> > see if that fixes things.  I'm working on that at the moment.
>=20
> i've managed to get rid of about 4000 message out the queue and upgraded
> mailman to a newer version.
>=20
> There may of been some false positives, there may not of, but if you
> want i can archive up the 4000 mails and send them to you to go through
> (:
>=20

Yes please.  I'll do it by hand :).

Also, I'm about ready to drop anything that spam assassin thinks is spam
and not forwarding it to the list.  That should cut down most of the
spam.  If it works well I'll switch the "subscribers only" switch off.

Joe
--=20
Josef Karthauser (joe at tao.org.uk)	       http://www.josef-k.net/
FreeBSD (cvs meister, admin and hacker)     http://www.uk.FreeBSD.org/
Physics Particle Theory (student)   http://www.pact.cpes.sussex.ac.uk/
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D An eclectic mix of fact an=
d theory. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn--