[OT} job..

Sam Pikesley samdavidpikesley at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 31 16:01:21 GMT 2003

 --- Paul Robinson <paul at iconoplex.co.uk> wrote: > On
Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 11:17:51AM -0000, David
> Richards wrote:
>
> > I hope you arent spamming all open source mailing
> lists as i recieved the
> > same email on a lug list i am on.
>
> Is it really spam though when:
>
> - It's related to the area the mailing list concerns
> itself (he wasn't
> looking for sales people)
>
> - It's a job/company offer, not a sales offer
>
> - Most of the recipients are likely candidates for
> being interested
>
> Curious question really - what fundamentally is
> spam? One man's spam is
> another's ham with stuff like this.

Hear hear. After all, I got my current job from this
list...

> Although it might have been better if he'd just
> posted to a URL with
> something more concrete and detailed...
>
> --
> Paul Robinson

=====
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron.

                                                    -- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890 - 1969)

http://www.resistinc.org/newsletter/issues/2003/04/rosemont.html#BOX