4.8-stable to 4.9-release then what ??

Hiten Pandya hmp at nxad.com
Wed Oct 29 18:22:17 GMT 2003

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 12:41:55PM +0100, David Richards wrote:
: hi
:     I am currently using 4.9-rc and been cvsup'ing -stable. When 4.9 is released, what will be the next version ? I never actaully used freebsd long enough to get to this stage and was just interested to see what happens. To me. I would think the next version would be 5 but wasnt 5 released a while ago ? so what actaully happens ?
:
: If i wanted to use 5.2-stable (if there is such a thing) do i just change the reltag thing in the stable sup file ?

	Well, I think by the time 4.9 is properly being used, and the
	amount of time its out there, 5.X should stabilize.  I do not
	think 5.2 will be the next stable release unless the TODO list
	gets completed in such a small amount of time.

	Jus my 2c.

	Regards,

--
Hiten Pandya