Novatech Laptop

Dimitrios sehh at altered.com
Mon Oct 27 16:08:28 GMT 2003

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 16:50:43 +0000 "dEMoN dEMoN" <laugh_at_danger at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am hoping to convert to FreeBSD in a few days when my external hard drive
> (back up purposes) get here.  Does anyone know what the compatability is
> going to be like for a Novatech laptop with USB optical mouse and touch pad?

In theory, USB 1 should work out of the box. The chipset will either
be UHIC (made by Intel etc forum) or OHCI (Others not agreeing with Intel).

Some laptops have USB 2.0 (EHCI) but i am not sure of its status under fbsd.

Both USB 1 chipsets are supported by fbsd, so the optical mouse should
work. I dont know about the touch pad though or USB 2.