FreeBSD hosting.

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Sat Oct 18 12:06:58 BST 2003

--DrWhICOqskFTAXiy

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 04:02:52PM +0100, Josef Karthauser wrote:
> It's that time of the year again.  I've got a service running on a
> Cobalt box as a managed server at a UK ISP.  It sucks.  The O/S is
> inefficient at file access, and I'm sure that the bandwidth is quirky.
> I'd rather run FreeBSD, either on my own box or as a provided service.
> Can anyone suggest a good hosting provider?  I need good connectivity to
> the US as well as the UK. I don't need tons of data transfer, but I
> would like to be able to burst into the megabits.
>=20
> Any ideas would be very gratefull welcomed.  (Aled?)

gradwell.com run FreeBSD in the UK if a shell account is good enough.
Equally there's Pair (www.pair.com) in the US who I've used in the past.
Also johncompanies.com do FreeBSD jails in the US. Colo-wise in the UK
it's worth looking at Paul Sladen's cheap colo page:

http://www.paul.sladen.org/colo/

(Disclaimer: I'm part of Black Cat Networks, mentioned on the above
page.)

J.

--=20
  SYSOP: The guy laughing at your  |  .''`.  Debian GNU/Linux Developer
              typing.              | : :' :  Happy to accept PGP signed
                                   | `. `'   or encrypted mail - RSA +
                                   |   `-    DSA keys on the keyservers.

--DrWhICOqskFTAXiy

--DrWhICOqskFTAXiy--