MP3 Player compatibility

Nik Clayton nik at freebsd.org
Sun Oct 12 20:36:56 BST 2003

On Saturday, October 11, 2003, at 11:40  pm, Jon Mercer wrote:
> ...does anyone have any experience of a portable MP3 player that works
> with usb/firewire/IR on FreeBSD (if there is one?) Bit of an OT topic
> really, but can't think of a more qualified group of people to ask.
> happy to hear from anyone with any preferences or experiences, good or
> bad.

I haven't personally tested it, but iPods are supposed to work, in
combination with software like GNUpod.

Which reminds me -- can anyone recommend a PC firewire card that I'm
likely to see on the shelves (or from the likes of Scan)?  I got my new
iPod on the basis that I'd be able to use it as a backup device too (at
least, that's what I told myself), so I should really get that
working...