Exploding P4's [OT]

Dimitrios sehh at altered.com
Tue Oct 14 20:05:47 BST 2003

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:41:24 +0100 Peter McGarvey <fbsd-x at packet.org.uk> wr=
ote:

> So I've decided that spending =A3300 to silence my 1800XP is a much better
> option.

Same here. I've decided to go for a silent case (full padding) with
two 120mm low noise case fans. My board is a dual athlon, so i'm
using two SLK-800 heatsinks, and they use two low noise 80mm fans.

the whole package is extremely silent. the problem is that my 4
ibm ultrastar u160 scsi drives are too noisy and there isn't
much i can do about that (unless i scrap my raid system for
a single ide drive).