Speedtouch modem/netgear router

Dimitrios sehh at altered.com
Mon Oct 13 20:40:25 BST 2003

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:08:29 +0100 "Tim Gordon" <gordy.jnr at virgin.net> wrote:

> Can anyone help me as to how I should go about connecting my Speedtouch 330
> adsl modem to my netgear router.  We bought the router so that me and my dad
> can network our computers and share the adsl connection between our machines
> as when you merely use it to conenct to the internet only one computer can
> use it at once.  However the modem is usb orientated and the router ethernet
> and therfore I'm wondering if it is at all possible???

the SpeedTouch 330 is a usb modem and requires that you upload its
firmware on power up. The SpeedTouch drivers (bsd/linux/windoze) do
that for you.

i am not sure if you can use the SpeedTouch modems directly connected to
a router, since the router won't know anything about uploading a firmware
to the modem.