Stupid question?

John Seago john.seago at dakings.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 11:47:01 BST 2003

Now you've kindly clarified devfs, and I've got sound working. there is
one problem which is puzzling me. I am running a stand-alone box
running Slackware and with the FreeBSD on the first disk. I can't get
the dialer to work properly in KDE, when trying to set up the dialler
it won't let me select Automatic, it's stuck on Manual, thus it dials
out and connects but can't do anything else, browse, send or receive!
It's very frustrating, I'm afraid that whilst I have "The Complete
FreeBSD" I'm not understanding what I'm reading.
--
John Seago