Update 4.8 to 4.9 or secure

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Sat Nov 22 22:07:25 GMT 2003

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, Matthew Seaman wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 08:31:02PM +0000, Henrik Morsing wrote:
>
> From 4.8-RELEASE, it's sufficiently close that you can just cvsup the
> RELENG_4_9 sources directly and compile in one step.

Hi,
I managed to do the update, however, I'm a bit confused about what has
actually been updated. When I ran lsof it said:

WARNING: lsof is compiled for 4.8-RC, this is 4.9-RELEASE

I pkg_deleted and pkg_added and now get:

WARNING: lsof is compiled for 4.9-RC, this is 4.9-RELEASE

and it doesn't work at all.

What's the differens between RC and RELEASE and what do I do to update me
binary packages?

Thanks again
Henrik Morsing