external usb2/firewire ide cases

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Wed Nov 19 14:12:07 GMT 2003

Yoyo users-uk crew,

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 01:47:28PM +0000, Scott Mitchell wrote:
> Anyone have any more recent suggestions for Firewire drives that work well
> with FreeBSD?  This would be on a 4.9 box so I'm after a Firewire or combo
> unit, unless we have USB2 support on 4.x and I just hadn't noticed yet :-)

I am working on a USB->ATA enclosure driver with some assistance from
S*ren Schmidt. This is against bleeding-edge -CURRENT ATAng. No ETA yet.
I will be looking for testers eventually. I only started hacking on it
yesterday, I'm hacking on more net things now.

There is USB2 support in -CURRENT in the form of the ehci controller, I
can't recall off the top of my head if it got backported.

Too cool for school.

Easy,
BMS