qualification/training question

Paul Civati paul at xciv.org
Tue Nov 18 14:43:43 GMT 2003

Alex Dyas <adyas at twowaytv.co.uk> wrote:

> Wearing my employer hat, certification does not prove very much other
> than that you can pass an exam.  I've worked with people who had all
> sorts of qualifications but fell short because they didn't have the
> experience to back it up.

This is my view also.

> So do the qualifications if you think it will help you, but don't think
> that they will take the place of that magic word - experience.

The problem is, once you have the qualification, unless you actually
use the skills on a daily basis then you just lose them.  Which kind
of defeats the point of having the qualification really.

-Paul-

--
Paul Civati <paul.civati(at)xensia.com> www.xensia.net
Xensia, London UK - Quality UK Hosting Services - 0870 321 2855