Update 4.8 to 4.9 or secure

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Sun Nov 16 19:40:48 GMT 2003

Hi,
I'm lost as usual.
Four months ago I install my first FreeBSD server from the 4.8 CDs. It's a
minimal installation, no sources or anything.

First question: Is 4.9 the most stable and secure 4 branch or is there
something called "secure" or where did I get that idea?

Second quetion: I've been reading about CVSup all day but I'm not even
sure that's the way to update my system. Is downloading all the sources
the way to go and which version is the best for a stable, secure Internet
server?

TIA

Henrik Morsing
morsing.cc