samba as PDC

Kevin O'Connor kevin at ziptek-technologies.co.uk
Sun Nov 2 13:08:22 GMT 2003

Adrian,
Couple of questions on this one, what version of samba are you using and
are you trying to emulate the NT4 domain PDC or the active directory
PDC. Win XP expects the latter and uses DNS by default with netbios
disabled. If your going for the Win NT Domain model have you setup a
wins server to resolve the netbios names? Please post me a copy of your
smb.conf file. Sorry at this point it's all questions and no answers.
Regards
Kevin.