samba as PDC

adrian johnson eyewarp at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 1 20:00:50 GMT 2003

Hi

i am tying to configure samba and fbsd 4.7 as a PDC for my network, as a
workgroup it works fine, configured as PDC not. i am having problems with my
windows machine netbios name not being recognised by samba, this is set up
as an account on fbsd as netbios_name$ and set in smbpasswd with the -m
option. when trying to add the windows box (xppro) to the domain, i get
username netbios_name not in unix passwd database (with out the $), i have a
fbsd account for the windows user + added them in smbpasswd.

i am also aware of the add user script in the samba configuration, i have
tried:

adduser shell=sh dotdir=/dev/null login_group=workgroup %u

this does not seem to do anything.

i have setup a netlogon directory on fbsd etc

cheers

aj