freeradius and dynamic ip allocation

Company 2210 company2210 at hotmail.com
Thu May 29 19:46:16 BST 2003

Without a doubt this is true, the upcoming EAP (Extensible Authentication
Protocol) addressess these issues, however an intermediary (which I believe
is pretty secure) is the WPA (Wireless Protected Access) uses randomly
generated WEP, and only requires a software upgrade (MS already released a
patch for XP support) - dunno about freebsd/*nix but if they build it they
will come :). Also, I've noticed cisco access points feature WEP Key
rotation, so it rotates (randomly) the 4 defined keys at random intervals,
I'd imagine this make it harder to crack as you'd have to know which key you
were grabbing packets for? I'm no expert tho.

Anyway, the futures bright, the futures wireless ;)))