freeradius and dynamic ip allocation

Pete French pete at twisted.org.uk
Thu May 29 11:31:13 BST 2003

I've been following the radius discussion here with increasing interest, because
when it began I didnt really know or care what Radiius was, but now I do!

It sounds like it could be just what I need - does anyone know of anything
under FreeBSD that would let me set up VPN's for Windows clients which talks
to a Radius server ? I have an 802.11g wireless hub which will talk to
a Radiius server too - and I am thinking that I could set up one server which
would athenticate users when they are in range of the LAN or when they
go roaming the world and want to connect back to home using a VPN and appear
on the LAN at the same IP address they would have if local.

Does this sound feasible at all ?

-bat.