Server Kit

Aled Morris aledm at qix.co.uk
Sat May 24 13:23:29 BST 2003

On Sat, 24 May 2003, Robert Myles wrote:

>Hi
>
>Have a look at the Dell PowerEdge 350 (IDE based) and the PowerEdge 1650
>(SCSI)

Isn't the 350 a rebadged Intel 1U server?  I have a couple of Intel
branded ones (ISP1100) and they are really good.

The Dell own stuff is also good, but the cases are very deep, and won't
fit in a standard 800mm rack.

I have recently started using Flexiserv for their ISPserv systems and have
recommended them to a number of people.  Just having front mounted
connectors makes them a pleasure to use.

<plug>
For colo, I'd recommend QiX of course :-)  We have recently joined LINX so
our connectivity keeps getting better!  Special deals for FreeBSD users
too!
</plug>

Aled
--
        ++  Fast, affordable, server hosting in Telehouse, London  ++
        ++               http://www.qix.co.uk/colo/                ++