Server Kit

Lou Kamenov phayze at secureroot.org.uk
Fri May 23 17:02:25 BST 2003

In some email I received from "Mark Stewart" <Mark.Stewart at bacs.co.uk> on Fri, 23 May 2003
15:54:23 +0100, wrote:

> I want to buy a 1u rack server and stick it in a hosting center for my own and others
> web sites.(running freebsd of course)
>
> I have been doing some heavy research based on the links on the freebsd.org site - can
> anyone recommend me a good and good priced company - preferably in the UK where I can
> pick one up.
>
> On another note I thought about sticking it in here on a co-location basis:
>
> www.xantara.net or www.49pence.co.uk

If i were you, I'd get a rootserver from oneandone.co.uk with recovery console, running
linux, and then install freebsd on it using the console. (which could be a pain)
it's cheap and it worth trying, good bandwidth. Also they have a cap on 8 Gb but I'm sure
you can get some more for a few quid..

never had problems with them

cheers