Mac OS X from a FreeBSD perspective

Nik Clayton nik at freebsd.org
Sun May 18 11:03:49 BST 2003

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm

On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 04:41:27PM +0100, Jose Marques wrote:
> In terms of software I tend to build what I need from source, most recent
> code seems to recognise MacOS X.  I've tried fink and darwinports but I
> don't like the former very much and the latter is too sparse to be useful.

I haven't had a change to try it yet, but NetBSD's pkgsrc (their
equivalent of the ports collection) is supposed to work on Darwin/OS X
(and Solaris, amongst others), and might be the easiest thing to use for
people used to the ports collection.

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve      http://www.freebsd.org/               (__)
FreeBSD Documentation Project    http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/    \\\'',)
                                                                      \/  \=
 ^
   --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---         .\._/=
_)

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm--