Samba and WinXp-Pro

Pete French pete at twisted.org.uk
Mon May 12 15:22:06 BST 2003

> that's right. but from what i'ev seen on the odd web page a PDC is needed
> for XP-Pro. The setup I've got works with 98 and 2k but not XP.

I dont have a PDC, just got the single XP-Pro box. But if it required
a PDC then they wouldnt stick it on laptops surely ?

Mind you, I just went and checked my setup and I do have the
line 'password server = frenic' in there (frenic is the Windows XP box)
so possibly that might be why it works so nicely.

I'll take a look at seeing if that works with the option turned off  when
I get home. Needs to be done before I buy Marge one of those Acer laptops
for her birthday if what you say is true (why she turned down a PowerBook
I dont know, but anyway...)

-bat.