web proxy and dnscache

Dimitrios sehh at altered.com
Wed May 7 02:29:21 BST 2003

On Wed, 07 May 2003 00:38:59 +0100 John Murphy <jfm at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> I want both dnscache (djb) and privoxy on the gateway.  Currently
> dnscache is bound only to the internal interface and working well,
> but when browsers surf via privoxy the dnscache is not used.

I've got a similar setup, instead i'm using 'bind' for dns caching
and 'squid' as web proxy (squid goes through the local bind).

Bind caches dns requests, but i've set the rules in Squid to cache
dns requests as well (longer expiration). Though that won't be must
help to you since you are using a different web proxy.