web proxy and dnscache

John Murphy jfm at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed May 7 00:38:59 BST 2003

Greetings
I'm trying to run a couple of simple services for my small home LAN
but I can't quite see how I can make them work nicely together.

I want both dnscache (djb) and privoxy on the gateway.  Currently
dnscache is bound only to the internal interface and working well,
but when browsers surf via privoxy the dnscache is not used.

/etc/resolv.conf has entries for the ISP's primary and secondary
DNS servers.  I tried preceding those with an entry for localhost,
but browsings still didn't seem to hit the dnscache.

No urgency here, just messing...

Thanks again,
John.