GD Library

Abdul Salam abdul at netsite.co.uk
Tue May 6 11:27:47 BST 2003

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for that. But, I am still having trouble linking my PHP to the
latest version of GD. By pkg_info command I am getting 2.0.1.3 as the
installed version of gd. But, in PHP I am getting version 1.6.2. It
sounds like PHP is not linking with the latest version of the GD on the
server. I have re-compiled with "--without-gd --with-gd=/usr/local"
option to avoid taking the default library. But, it is failing to
compile. Looks like my Makefile is looking in a wrong location for
libraries. I am not sure whether it is a good idea to change it manually
in Makefile. One more thing I have noticed is my libgd.so is linked to
libgd.so.2 rather than libgd.so.4. Manually re-linking of this to
libgd.so.4 will do the trick..?. Or this needs to be done in some other
way?

Thanks once again.

-Abdul